Monday, April 6, 2015

20150406.0651

It seems that the page views for this webspace are largely dependent on full (+/- 500 words of prose) entries advertised on (other?) social media. As noted, I was in a rush on Friday last and away for the weekend; my page views dropped considerably. I am back, though, and back to as close to normal as I ever get, so things ought to resume their previous shape.

My wife, Ms. 8, and I spent the weekend just past in Arkansas, visiting my father-in-law and his wife. As ever, they welcomed us warmly, and as is usually the case, I was able to get a fair bit of rest. Saturday night going into Sunday morning, I slept for nearly ten hours--I woke several times in the night, sure, but fell right back to sleep. It is not common for me to do so for at least two reasons (Ms. 8 is on something like a regular schedule at this point), but taking the opportunity to do so seems to have helped. The return drive yesterday went well, and I feel pretty good this morning.

Ms. 8 Enjoys the Holy Saturday Festivities
Ms. 8 seemed to have a good time, too. There were a few moments of upset for her, as waking in an unfamiliar place does not always go over well with her, but she was for the most part her usual happily smiling and laughing self. She largely understood the Easter egg hunt we had on Saturday, giggling quite a bit. She tried to eat the eggs throughout the event, although peeling them seemed to escape her. Her family delighted in it, nonetheless, and we have quite a few more pictures than this one of her traipsing about in the grass. (And, yes, she walks. She just recently started to, in fact.)

The weekend is over, though, and things at Sherwood Cottage and with its residents are returning to the semblance of normalcy they typically maintain. I have another freelance order waiting for my attention, and there are stacks of student papers waiting for me to mark them. I also have conference duties to which to attend in earnest now, since one deadline has passed and another conference as a whole is gearing up. I am glad, therefore, to have gotten the rest I did over the weekend. I have a feeling I am very much going to need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment