Friday, September 10, 2010

20100910.0826

I know that it has been some time since I posted. There are reasons for this, but I'll not get into them.

What I will get into, given that tomorrow is what it is, is the thought that, nine years later...

I don't feel any safer. The programs that are in place to "secure our nation" are flawed, as the repeated breaches of them indicate. And many of those same programs are invasive--perhaps dangerous (as the whole thing with the body-scanners--which spray people with radiation--indicates), so that the source of danger shifts from some nutjobs who want to blow shit up "in the name of God" to the entrenched bureaucracy that is ultimately not accountable to the electorate.

Then again, I don't feel less safe. Really, death at any moment is a possibility and always has been. And people have long been aware of it; the whole memento mori movement and a lot of Christian teaching address the issue.

People continue to be as they have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment