Saturday, August 8, 2015

20150808.0813

I find myself at a ranch, the C-Bar, in the middle of the Texas Hill Country this morning, where my wife and I are visiting her mother and grandmother. As it happens, my wife's nephews are here, as well. It makes for a bit tighter a situation than I tend to prefer; I am not used to having many people in a house with me. It is not so bad, though. If nothing else, it makes for a nice change--although having news on is a distraction.

I have long found it difficult to write when a television is on near where Imam trying to write. There is something about the glow-box that does not so much demand attention as it absorbs it. Sorcery is at work, sorcery to which I have grown unaccustomed. I note that I have gotten much more done since leaving television service, and when I am around it, I can do but little. Perhaps I ought not to try to while I am away.

That I am composing on so small a keyboard does not help. I am not at my desk, but am instead on a tablet--which works, but not well...

No comments:

Post a Comment