Monday, February 19, 2018

20180219.0430

Four years ago, my wife and I had to evict a tenant who was living with us. She had never signed a lease agreement, but just kind of showed up one day, entirely unexpectedly. It was a shock, at first, but my wife and I gradually grew accustomed to the idea of having her around. Really, we looked forward to learning more about her.

Then, on this day in 2014, she broke the plumbing in her little room all to hell, and we had to evict her right then. It would have been a health hazard, you see, so we had to act quickly. And there were concerns about doing so, to be sure, but they all seemed to resolve themselves in good time.

In the years since, she has stayed with us. Each day, it seems we love her a little bit more--and that's adding up to an awful damned lot!

Happy Birthday, my dear little Ms. 8, and I look forward to saying it to you many more times in many years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment