Tuesday, May 7, 2019

20190507.0430

Where dolphins swim and eagles soar
Where mustangs buck and scorpions sting
Where wildcats prowl in the name
Of a bass player now dead
Where spikes grow into antlers
And there is delight in seeing
Four-point racks bound across a field
One last time
Where cougars called by mountaineers
Stalk where armies used to march
Where folk gather every year
To celebrate in story and song
In festival going three weeks long
Where butts came forward
To spread across the state
Where silversmiths started
To span across the globe
Where virgin's waters flow
And many other things beside them stand
In fire and flood
In drought and downpour
In lingering life that trails away
There I remain
There I will remain
For I do not think I will be called away again
And even if I am
As I once was
I will return
As I once did

No comments:

Post a Comment