Wednesday, October 3, 2018

20181003.0430

It would appear that this is the 2,000th post to this webspace. That is has taken more than eight years to get to this point is probably not something I ought to celebrate; I've not been nearly so diligent a writer as I should have been and should still be. But I have kept going, and I am here, now, and that's something, right? I want it to be so, at least.

Aside from the note that this is the 2,000th post, I've not got anything special upon which to comment. For me, life presses on as it has for some time, now. My family and I are well, which is worth much to me but is not particularly newsworthy. We continue to work at the jobs we have, and we continue to make less money doing so than we would like to have be the case--but those, too, are commonplaces. Ms. 8 thrives, and I am happy about that--but I recognize that I am so because I am her father, and other people are not, so they will not be as happy about it as I am.

I expect that my hymns against the Stupid God will continue for a time. There is ever reason to sing such songs, even if the verse grows disjointed and the tune broken and ragged. But if it is all I can do to hinder the spread of others' obeisance to that hateful deity, then I will do it, and if not gladly--for who can be happy, seeing what I see and being able to do so little to make things otherwise?--then at least diligently and with ongoing intention.

No comments:

Post a Comment