Thursday, February 17, 2011

20110217.2010

The things I do for my students...

One of the things I have begun to do with this semester is provide samples of the kind of work that I want to see my students do. Several of them report that having the model to follow helps, which inclines me to provide more models. I also know that modeling is considered good pedagogy and that moving into multimedia applications is good form for engaging the students who are currently in my classroom.

That said, I am not sure how much of what I do gets across. I know that even in offering multimedia content, I tend to be very much text-based. The texts I produce are marked by my training, formal and otherwise, and I wonder if that ends up putting what I have to say outside the current grasp of my students.

I know that they can get it, but I am not sure they can get it now. Since I am teaching them now, it is a concern.

But then, is there any other teaching going on than what is done now?

No comments:

Post a Comment