Monday, April 23, 2012

20120423.1635

I am working on a paper, trying to get it put into text so that I can get it out of my head.  When I write at home, I find it helpful to have my heavy curtains open; doing so lets me have such light as can be had at the base of the cliff-wall apartments that line the broad canyon of the Brooklyn avenue on which I live, and it allows me to look out upon the traffic, afoot and vehicular, that goes by.  Both help me to think, and since I need all the help I can get in that regard...

Just now, I saw something happen in the tree-well in front of my apartment, something that happens frequently in New York but rarely in my experience outside of it.  It strikes me as odd that a people who claim to love their city so much as New Yorkers will piss and shit all over its sidewalks and streets in the open day.  It strikes me as even stranger that they will perpetuate the behavior by having their young children do so.

I can't have a pipe in a park here, but folks can take a shit in front of my window.

No comments:

Post a Comment