Wednesday, June 26, 2019

20190626.0430

I am not going to try to move to posting every twelve hours as a rule. I am already having trouble maintaining a single daily post in this webspace and the others I feel the need to make, so I am not about to double workload here. Did I think it would be a paying thing, perhaps, but I know better than to believe such about this. No, this is for practice and for other things, such as looking back a bit more will continue to allow.
I have posted six times in previous years on this date, in 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. The 2017 piece stands out, as it commemorates an event two years ago yesterday, the remembrance of which occasioned my being away recently. I knew that I had put together such a piece, and I recall it being requested at a graveside service and favorably received. Having returned to the site, I do not think I can follow up on it as I did on another years-old piece of work. I would not, as I rail against others doing n the 2016 piece, merely make more of the same, and I do not think I could do otherwise at this point. I am too far removed from it, now, and I know it is still a tender thing for those who are still close to it.
Given what we carried away from the recent trip, though, I wonder if I might say something else on a related topic:
A portion of life enjoyed, encircled,
Now put off through the circle's removal
And given to another who might find joy in it
Who came from another such thing
And bears the symbol of yet another
Humbler, perhaps, than that which was given
But not less enduring for that
And in the gift, memories
Bound up and passed on
The metonym of the ring
Resting on a hand its bearer once held
I am not at all sure if it will help. But I do not know that there is any help for such things. And I do not know if what I might pass on would be any later comfort, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment