Friday, December 24, 2010

20101224.0946

While preparing another short summary for future classes (I do this because it is a nice bit of mental exercise--warm-up for the brain, as it were), I ran across Paul Taylor's "Who Should Be the Judge?" in the online New York Times. His article, updated on December 23, is placed in a larger context of discussion of the American middle class; in doing so, it addresses a topic of interest for me, as I think I may have suggested.

The article does, though, directly address another topic of interest for me. Taylor asks "where does the impoverished grad student fit?" And, having been a poor grad student, being married to a wonderful wife who has also been one, having many friends who are them, the question resounds.

But I have an answer:

A tiny, tiny hole, the better to promote self-loathing and angst.

No comments:

Post a Comment