Wednesday, October 1, 2014

20141001.0659

Entirely random notes:

My daughter's wet diapers somehow reek to me of commercial breakfast cereals. I do not know how this can happen, but it does.

I have not written in my journal in days. I do not know why, but I seem okay with it.

One of the cats, at least, has loose stool.

They are hypocrites who complain about wealth redistribution and benefit from it. Those at state schools and/or those who receive Pell Grants should be thankful for them and not gripe about them.

The same is true for those whose paychecks come from such sources.

Education is not content delivery.

Oaths coerced have no value.

Demanding that someone who cannot spell "allegiance" pledge it to anything seems coercive.

Punishing those who can spell the word and withhold their oath is coercive.

Both happen with astonishing regularity.

Education is not degraded by considering viewpoints other than those of one's grandfather.

Things were *not* better "back in the day" save for white middle class heterosexuals. I am not sure they are better now, though.

I am, theoretically, of the white middle class. I am also tens of thousands of dollars in debt with what entry into it has required.

I am less than theoretically heterosexual.

Some people do exploit "the system." Why would they not?

Many of those people make a *lot* more money than I do.

Prevailing wisdom is that they "deserve" it. Must be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment