Wednesday, January 7, 2015

20150107.1630

I find myself in sunny Vancouver, BC, as I write this, where I have arrived to attend the MLA Convention. I had hoped to have a job interview here, but I do not. Instead, I will do what I can to make yet more useful connections and perhaps parlay them into job offers later on. And while I am here, in an interesting part of the city, I will see about experiencing some of what is on offer.

I think I will exclude the several medical marijuana dispensaries within two blocks of my hotel from my list of places to visit.

One thing that has already struck me as I have settled into my hotel is how quickly I slip back into the kinds of things I did while I lived in The City. I walk faster without trouble, and I begin again to navigate public transit as a first recourse. How different it is from the semi-rural life I lead where the wind comes sweeping down the plain!

I am certain that I have more to say. I am equally certain that I need to say it another day. So I will save it for then...

No comments:

Post a Comment