Tuesday, April 30, 2019

20190430.0430

The month ends today, and so does my focus in this webspace on LinkedIN. I have already commented on my reflections of the experience, so I need not dwell thereupon now. What I will dwell upon, however, is how I plan to proceed for the next month, which begins tomorrow. Putting up a buffer will be of great importance for me, as next month promises to be busy; there are birthdays and holidays and conference trips that demand my attention, and I do want to be diligent in at least one of my pursuits. Having something posting here will help me, and knowing what I want to post will help me ensure that I am able to do so.
I have, of late, been thinking I might return to poetry. I do not think I am ready to begin again my hymns against the stupid god; I do not know that I have the anger ready to hand that that body of work demands of me. But I have been thinking on other things. This year was a good wildflower year, and the weather so far has been pretty good, so I have been much outside and much given to consideration of what is outside. There is enough outside in the Texas Hill Country to attract attention and consideration, so I will not be short of inspiration for such work as I might do. And it has been a while since I have put such skills to use in any sustained fashion, so it behooves me to practice my versification once again.
At the same time, I know that other things attract more attention, and more favorable, than my poetic efforts. Of the few posts in the last 100 I've made that have attracted triple-digit readership (and the fact that that is a figure I would note is itself an indicator...), only a couple have been posts of verse; the rest have been what I hope is the lucid prose of this blog's title. If I am working to attract notice to my efforts, then, it seems that my short essays will be of more use than my short verse. Just as I am unsure that I have the anger to sustain my hymnal, however, I am unsure that I have the presence of mind to post essays so far ahead--unless I return to summaries and commentaries. But those seem a bit flat for me at the moment; I do not feel that those are what I want to do, and this webspace is as much about what I want to do as about attracting formal attention. (And, anyway, I have another webspace where commentary plays a bit better than this one, if the number of views received is any indication.)
I am not certain, then, what I shall do. But I shall do, so I shall be certain soon. I hope you will read along.

No comments:

Post a Comment