Saturday, January 1, 2011

20110101.1020

Happy Hangover Day, all!

In my morning reading today, I came across this contribution to the New York Time "The Thread" series. I have discussed the snowfall, if only sketchily, but I will remark that it took two or three days for me to be able to get into town at all, and now, after two or three more days with temperatures getting well into the 40s (it is 46 as I write this), there is still snow on the avenue outside my house. When my wife and I went to the store yesterday, there were still cars stuck in the snow. Also, garbage collection is still off--I understand about the holiday and all, but there is no notice that pickup will resume on Monday.

I do not think that there is a conspiracy afoot. I do think, though, that there are some people who need to get off of their happy asses and get to work.

Anyway.

Have a happy 2011, folks. Or at least have a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah. I still find it crazy that it took us until Jan. 19th to get recycling pick up again! Almost a whole month! Dec. 22nd to Jan 19th. Thank goodness that Wendi was here to help with that. And thanks to Wendi. :)

    ReplyDelete