Thursday, January 13, 2011

20110113.2022

I ought to have done some work after teaching today, but I found myself oddly tired. I take it as a bad sign that it has already happened this term, but even so, I came home. Doing so, though, was not easy.

As is fairly normal, I caught the Q to come home. When it got to DeKalb, however, the Q was diverted to the N line. Confused, I decided to get off at Atlantic and transfer to another train which would place me close to home. That train, though, was overcrowded, and so I took it only one stop. The idea was that at the next stop, I could catch a bus that would take me even closer to home than either subway.

Of course, the bus was also overcrowded, so much so that the driver refused to let any new passengers on. I wound up getting off of the bus not far from a restaurant my wife and I frequent; the press on the bus got to be too much, and the restaurant is close enough to walk home from if it isn't raining.

The brisk walk in the brisker air did not help me wake up, though it was probably good for me to get the exercise.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got in safe. I hate the B41 for that very reason. I know a lot of people who hate MTA busses so much that they refuse to ever take them. I, on the other hand, actually like them. Fewer steps, more interesting scenery and more comfortable seats. But, most of the time, even I would prefer to walk than take the B41 during rush hour. Then again, Bergen St IS pretty far away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the other side of Grand Army Plaza...in the chill...not fun.

    ReplyDelete