Tuesday, September 24, 2013

20130924.0829

A piece of news broke for me and mine yesterday--namely that there will soon be another of "mine" in the world.  I am to be a father.

My beloved wife and I greatly appreciate the many well-wishes we have received from people spread across the planet (I mean that; I have had congratulatory bits from as far away from Stillwater as Germany, Indonesia, Romania, and Israel).  It is flattering to know that we are kept favorably in mind by many people, and we hope that we--and the little one to come--will continue to merit such regard.

I confess that I had been worried that such a thing would never come to be.  It is not as if my wife and I had not been offering many chances for it to happen, but with stress from work (and its lack, as those who have read this with anything approaching regularity know) and other factors...Indeed, some comments had been made within the family that my wife and I might not be able to conceive, which was hardly politic although, given circumstances, perhaps to be expected.  But those comments are wrong, as we know now, and the work to make ready for the coming child will begin in earnest.  I will doubtlessly be boring many people with my descriptions of it in the days to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment