Tuesday, July 8, 2014

20140708.0757

Briefly:

Work continues, as it ever does. There are papers that need writing for presentation and publication. There are shifts to upcoming schedules that need to be accounted for and thus curricula that need development. There is some freelance writing to do, as well, and some tutoring, since money must be made. Personal projects have been set aside in favor of them, but they still nag at the edges of consciousness.

Family is fine. Ms. 8 continues to grow and to exhibit new behaviors. She squealed with delight last night, first time that either the Mrs. or I had heard her do so. The Mrs. does well, also. Matters are improving for her at her job; she is assuming new authority, and she will be assuming a new and higher rate of pay to go along with it. This is helpful, as she will be able to get fewer hours once my own "regular" job starts back up.

Weather is in full summer session now. Last week, we had a front that drove in some rain and kept the temperatures pleasant. It is gone now, and the air is heavy and quite warm. It increases lassitude in many. I am tempted to reorient my sleep schedule entirely; I need to, actually. These blog entries have been later in the day than they ought to be, and that is because I have slept later in the day than I ought to do. Must start going to bed earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment