Friday, August 1, 2014

20140801.0643

I have been awake for about an hour
No alarm rang to roust me
A different call, oddly situated to be from a mother
Shook me from slumber
And once I was up
I decided to stay that way

Whether it will do me any good to be awake this morning
I do not know
Yesterday would have been a good day to do it
Yesterday had tasks for me to face
And I faced them
But I am not so certain of today

I never am
I think none of us really are
We cannot be
Yesterday happened
And even in cyclical time it has passed
The wheel turned on
While today has yet to happen
And the rocks the wheel will hit are not yet seen

Fools in writing sometimes think they see
But I am not such a person
For while I may be a fool
I am not The Fool
And I write more than I am written
So far as I know

I will have to have a talk with my author

No comments:

Post a Comment