Friday, August 15, 2014

20140815.0625

I face the straits having passed many waters
The drums beat and the oars dip and pull
Shimmering as the ship I helm glides upon the whale-road
But the stretch of it here is desolate
For ahead lurks a horror of tearing fangs and baying howls beneath a female torso

I brace myself against it
Knowing not only that I must enter the straits
But that I must enter that horror
Masculine penetration into the gendered feminine
And the hounds will seek to rend me as I do
Even as they know I must be there

It is not the first such consummation I have faced
I bear the scars of earlier dogs' teeth
And there are nights I wake from dreams of their howls
Knowing I must answer them
Knowing that no answer will suffice

Already they scrape at my hull.

No comments:

Post a Comment