Tuesday, August 5, 2014

20140805.0610

The thought occurred to me a few days ago that there are a number of companies that have made much about their ostensible following of Christian principles in their business practices, remaining closed on Sundays (despite Jesus saying that the work should be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the day of the week, here) and engaging in other practices because of deeply held beliefs in they dictates of Christian Scripture. Perhaps I am late in arriving at the idea, but it seems to me if such companies are so dedicated to following the inerrant Word of God as revealed in Scripture, I and others ought to be able to get from them what any company actually most desires.

It seems to me that Jesus said, here, that people ought to give to those who ask them. So I ask such companies as have made much of being Christian, that have gone to the Supreme Court of the United States of America to prove the sincerity of their Christian beliefs, to enact the truth of their beliefs--I ask for the sum of US$100,000 (after taxes, so with whatever additional monies would be required to allow me to take away the stated sum) to be paid me in a single lump installment. You may rest assured that I will use it to fulfill other dicta of Christian principles, looking to have my debts forgiven and to place me into a position from which I can do as Christ bade and forgive the debts others owe to me. (Seriously, I really will only use it to clear such things as my student loan debts and my wife's.) After all, if you are going to make such a public matter of your faith (ahem), you might as well do so in a way that helps people at the micro as well as the macro level (because I am certain that you already do a lot of charitable giving to groups that help other people not have to worry about being *actually* persecuted--beaten and killed--for who and what they are from their birth).

Those of you who have been reading what I write, I thank you. And I wonder if you might not also have such requests to make of such wonderfully, publicly Godly Christian folks and companies--worry not, for if they are as they claim to be and committed to following the teachings of the Nazarene, then they will do as they are bidden do by the very words of their one true Lord and Savior and give unto those of us who ask them. I am only sorry that it took me so long to remember my Scriptures...

No comments:

Post a Comment