Wednesday, March 18, 2015

20150318.0836

Work continues to continue. I pushed through a write-up of Patterson and Karp's NYPD Red 3 (I do not recommend the novel) yesterday and woke to find another write-up order waiting for me. I am glad to be on break from my regular work this week; the opportunity for other earning is welcome. Now if I can just figure out how to get done the other things I need to get done this week, I will be in good shape. Having money is good. Having money and not having work hanging overhead is better--not least because it happens so much less frequently. I am sure that I am not alone in feeling the feeling.

I realize that I seem to repeat myself in this webspace. I often note that work continues and lay out the kind of work that I hope (and too often fail) to do in the day. I refer back to things I have said before, usually through linking but not always. And, too often, I whine and complain about things about which I have already whined and complained. I suppose that I come off as stuck in a rut--a bumpy rut that I travel on wheels not given much in the way of suspension. And I suppose that I am actually in some kind of a rut (or two).* My days follow (loose) routines, inept dancers rehearsing again and again for a show that will likely never be put on--and likely fortunately, given how poor the choreography is. Producer and director, I continue to seek funding while trying to make the show work the way it ought to, and I do not do as well as I ought to do at either.

Perhaps, though, I will be able to find a new venue soon, a new show in which I can perform and a new place from which to recruit for my own production. I am auditioning to that end, and I have a bit of preparation to do for the audition--although it will be more remembering what I have already done than learning a new routine altogether. And there are some few casting calls I have yet to answer but mean to; they are staring at me even now. It will serve me well to answer them; I may well get more callbacks than I have had thus far, and that is a good thing.

I happily stop along my well-worn track to answer them. For them, I can set aside the other work for a moment now and again. How could I not, since they offer me chances for higher billing?

*I seemingly cannot help either making a pun or explicating a piece of writing. Yes, I mean "rut" both in the sense of a worn-in track and in the sense of a mating season. Given my high school experience, a reference to deer comes off as oddly appropriate--as those who know me will know. Biographical criticism has its uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment