Thursday, March 24, 2016

20160324.0703

They ask
To be told
What is expected of them

I tell them
I lay out
In detail
What they are supposed to have

They complain
Too many words
Too-hard words
Too-hard tasks
And boring

What I want to say:
Get out.
I gave what you asked
And you complain of it
So
Get out.
There is nothing for you here.
This is a place of learning
And you
Clearly
Do
Not
Want
To
Learn.
Get out.
I have other students
Students who
Do
Want to learn
And they deserve the attention
You do not care to have
But seem to want to keep from others

And those of you
Who act thus
While professing
A desire to teach
You
Specifically
You
Are part of the fucking problem
It is people like you
Who make easy the arguments
Against teachers
I want to know where you
"Teach"
So that I never send my daughter there

What I say:
You asked to be told.
I told you.
It takes many words
And if you do not understand them
Why do you not ask
Me
Or look them up?
And if the task is hard
That is all the more opportunity for you
To get better
If there is no challenge
There is no reason to improve
And do you really think
You do as well
As you need to
Already?
You can get better
We all need to
And it is not always easy
Or entertaining
And whoever told you it would be
Lied

Practice is boring
Yes
But what practice permits
Is not

Now, your assignment is this...

No comments:

Post a Comment