Sunday, August 4, 2019

20190804.0430

I think I am running out of things to say.
Some will doubtlessly comment that I have long since done so, that I have not offered anything worth considering in some time--if I ever have. There are days I would even make such a comment, seeing how little of my writing appears to have made a difference in my life and having little or no way to see what differences it has made in the lives of others. (They are not as many as might be thought, else I'd not keep doing the writing I do here and in other places. Clearly.) Leaving such comments aside as mean-spirited, however, I remain concerned that I am repeating myself overly much, that I am not producing new material, but am merely rehashing things again and again, trying to plant again in soil depleted and feeble.
There is some value in returning to topics, of course. Learning more allows for new perspectives on things already treated, and revisiting them can therefore generate new ideas and insights. But that's not been what I've been doing. I've simply been repeating myself with minimal variation, and not necessarily at long enough remove to make any real difference or blunt the memory of the earlier iteration.
The thing is, I am not quite so stuck in my ruts as I have been. A promotion is impending, and I've other projects going on. Maybe it's that they are running me more nearly ragged than I might prefer.
I hope it's that, anyway. If it is, a rest will do much to help matters.
I would like to get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment