Thursday, February 5, 2015

20150205.0911

The Mrs. is feeling under the weather, which is never a good thing. Aside from my unenjoyment of the suffering of those whom I love, the event serves as a reminder of just how much she does for the home--for I get to take on more of it. I do not mind, as such, although I do not think that many people enjoy having yet more work to do. Still, things need to be done, and I am the one who is available to do them--fortunately, one or two things that might normally press upon me do not at the moment, so I have a bit of freedom to attend to other concerns...

I will not go through the litany of deeds to be done this day. I have no need to do so; they are familiar to me, and I have made them familiar to readers of this blog. (Or I think so.) Nor will I again bemoan having them to do--at least, I will not today. What I will do instead is turn my attention to them, as I just now did to Ms. 8, who appeared to have frightened herself. (She is fine, by the way, as she approaches being a full year old. Two weeks remain until then, and activities are planned. Some of them even sound interesting.)

I will also note my admiration for my wife's hardihood. She feels badly, indeed, but she still went to work today. Although one of the things to which I will be attending today will bring in money, it will not be enough, and her work will help to offset my admitted insufficiency. We both know that we both have to work, and to work as many paying hours as we can find. The situation is not idea, certainly, but I greatly respect her commitment to doing so and what she endures in doing her part to support the household. I am not at all convinced that I match her in it--and I have no qualms about saying so publicly.

For now, though, I do have things to do to be sure that Sherwood Cottage is clean and nice for her when she returns, and that Ms. 8 gets what she needs to continue to grow healthy and strong as she has these past eleven and a half months. And I will see about the other work that I have to do today--less than other days, perhaps, but not less important for being less extensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment