Friday, February 20, 2015

20150220.0639

A few days ago, while I was not looking, I had a massive spike in readership. Previously, on a good day, I had seen twenty to forty readers. Many days see one or two (especially recently, but I have not been updating this blog or others I maintain nearly as regularly as I ought to, so I should not complain overmuch about that). Monday, though, saw over 400 look at my blog--and I wish I knew what I had done to provoke the response. So far as I can tell, the 16 February 2015 entry did not do anything special; it bespeaks a snow day and a game ending. What makes it stand out, then, I am uncertain--and that means I am not likely able to do it again. (It is less important here than on blogs where I might be able to make a bit of money. This webspace, though, remains volunteer for reasons I believe I have noted.)

In any event, as I noted, yesterday was Ms. 8's birthday--and, as I noted, it was not the best of days for her. She has not been feeling well, which I may have noted, and I ended up taking her to the doctor, then to the hospital. Tests at the latter reveal that she has a mild case of pneumonia, which I did not know when I wrote yesterday and was far from happy to hear. (Neither were her mother and grandparents, who were on hand when I received the news from the doctor.) She will be going back to the doctor for more discussion today, which should see more done to help her and will make for two of us seeking medical advice--because I still need to get my eyes checked today. I read and write about what I read, perhaps not for a living but for a fair amount of money, and I have yet to learn how to do so without my eyes. Since my insurance makes sure Ms. 8 can get treated, and my looking at things supports my getting insurance, I do need to tend to such matters.

The birthday celebration will continue, of course. More of Ms. 8's extended family will be coming in today and tomorrow (albeit in less haste and panic than around this time last year). Her health permitting, we will be doing things together in the area. Amid it, my job search continues (I have some five applications due before end of day tomorrow), as does the regular work of teaching (all three of my classes meet today; we will be discussing ethics), and I will be sitting in on a teleconference with folks in Columbus, Ohio, for the 2015 Tolkien Days at Ohio State University. My video for the talk is already uploaded--or at least convincingly linked through to--an online museum; once I figure out how to connect to it without my most excellent administrative abilities, I will see about letting people know about it.

It is good to keep busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment