Wednesday, April 1, 2015

20150401.0750

Only a few brief notes today:

Much of what I wrote last year at about this time still holds. The world is foolish enough without adding to it on purpose, and work continues. The Mrs. and I are still wrestling with the idea of how to safeguard our books; right now, we are juggling our shelves about, but that is only having so much of an effect. Spring advances this year as it did last, with a general warming trend and more light available for the eyes without bulbs needing to be fed at a cost.

Some things are different, though. I am making more money through freelancing now than last year, which is good, and there is somewhat less grading at the moment, which is also good. Ms. 8 is also still going and growing, which is even better. While last year saw her learning to crawl, this year sees her learning to walk and talk; crawling, she has down pat.

I did get a few submissions to my SCMLA session, which is good. Over the next couple of days, I am going to review them along with the panel secretary to determine which ones will be accepted and noted to the conference. I think there will only be the one panel this time; while I have in the past received enough submissions to build two, it is not the case this time. Despite my protestations here and here, as well as elsewhere, it seems interest in the medieval is not as strong as it perhaps ought to be. I am not entirely pleased by the event, but there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment