Tuesday, September 8, 2015

20150908.0608

Well, I'm back.

I'm back to the work of teaching and grading,
Back to the work of drafting plans I know I will not follow,
Back to the work of writing comments I know will not be read,
Back to the work of writing reports,
Back to the work of writing for money,
Back to the work of fretting about it,
Back to the work of looking for work,
Back to the work of fretting about it,
Back to the work of looking for money,
Back to the work of fretting about it,
Back to the work of fretting about fretting
And wondering if I ought not to shift the vowel,
As it is already much the same thing,
And I think I would get more out of it.

I'm back to the work that starts before sunrise,
Back to the work that ends after dark,
Back to the work that lurks in the night,
Waiting for me to wake once again
So that it can wrestle with me.

I'm back to the work of holding my own,
Back to the work of doing just barely
Enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment