Thursday, May 14, 2015

20150514.0856

I am currently at the 50th International Congress on Medieval Studies in Kalamazoo, Michigan. In a relatively short time, I will be presiding over a panel titled "Looking Back at the Middle Ages," which does some of the same kind of work that I have tended to do in my own research. It focuses, however, on earlier medievalisms than I do, which should prove illuminating. I anticipate having many opportunities to take good notes, as well as to deliver them.

It is good to be at the conference again. I have already run into a few people whom I only see at this event--as well as a couple of others whom I have not seen in some time but am glad to have met again. I look forward to many more such meetings, although less to the partings that must inevitably follow. Still, "not all tears are an evil," as one writer notes...and it will be good to be back at Sherwood Cottage.

No comments:

Post a Comment