Saturday, May 16, 2015

20150516.1039

I am still at the 50th International Congress on Medieval Studies in Kalamazoo, Michigan, and I have been busy. It has been a good trip so far, and I have been able to get a fair bit from the sessions I have attended. My notes are still in draft, and I am not going to duplicate comments between this webspace and the Tales after Tolkien Society blog, Travels in Genre and Medievalism, so reading both will be needed (and contributions to the latter are still very much welcome). But I will be offering some comments about my experiences here after I make my return to Sherwood Cottage and have a chance to digest those experiences a bit more. I am still busy, after all...

One thing that was brought to my attention, though, and which was quite the welcome surprise is this comment from the publisher of the Tales after Tolkien volumes, in which I have a chapter. It is markedly flattering to be quoted (even if one of the comments is not entirely correctly attributed) and cited as something of a celebrity. I do not know that I am entirely ready for the attention, although I welcome it. Perhaps it will help in the ongoing pursuit of a permanent position...

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment