Tuesday, June 16, 2015

20150616.0747

I have been busy, been ill, and had company. None of these are conducive to writing, although the last is by far more pleasant than the other two; I am not complaining of the company, but I wish I could have enjoyed it more. The effects of illness yet linger; I am tired beyond what I ought to be, and I still feel the summer within me as without. I am on the mend, though; I am better than I was, although not as good as I ought to be and normally am (for varying definitions of "good," admittedly). I can hope for continued improvement; the alternative is worse, and I do not need to have such a "worse" anytime soon.

Today should be a fairly easy day. I knocked out a freelance piece yesterday, which piece has been accepted and paid for. Another has not yet arrived, and although there is more work for me to do on other projects, I do not know if I will tend to it at a leisurely pace or rest entirely. The latter seems a better idea, but I also know that the work needs to be done and I may well feel better from the accomplishment of tasks than from resting from them. Matters do not press upon me today, though, and that is a welcome respite, whatever it is that I do with that respite. I do not yet know how I shall proceed. I suppose I'll find out.

Storms are again in the forecast for the area around Sherwood Cottage. They have been coming irregularly over the past few days; the trend looks to continue for a few days, or at least it did when last I looked at what the meteorologists say about the matter. I am not sure how one enters that profession, what programs of study or sets of experiences lead to it. I am sure that something does, however; I doubt that the NOAA would commission officers up to and including flag rank without that there is something leading to it, and I know that there are other agencies concerned with such things.

We continue to need the rain. The rivers are receding, despite having been in mighty floods not so long ago. Slower rain than led to those floods would be helpful, however, and that seems to be what is coming. The yard does need to be mowed again, but that is far better than it having to be watered; I have not figured up the costs, of course, but it seems that the dry helps to make fires possible, and I like my fires confined and put to the work of making things for me to use and eat--I do so enjoy grilling. Whether or not the weather will allow such things when I am actually able to do them, though, remains to be seen. It is something for which I hope, and something else I suppose I'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment