Friday, June 26, 2015

20150626.0708

Work continues, as ever seems to be the case. I am still at work on the one freelance project; I have been remarkably tired lately, which is inhibiting my ability to work when I have the opportunity to do so. Whether it is because I am not eating as well as I ought to or, more likely, because I am not getting enough physical activity, I am annoyed by the circumstance, and I do not know how to correct it. I do not know when I can work to cook during the day or fit in a workout when I am already committed either to tending to Ms. 8 or to working on the freelance work, not and still keep the house reasonably clean while the Mrs. works at her regular job. (She managed to pick up an extra day, and thus the pay for that extra day, this week, which is a benefit to us all.) I do not know how to find the energy when I am already fatigued by doing the amount I already do; how I will add more eludes me.

As it does, the weather continues to show itself fit for summer. Temperatures have been in the 90s F and humidity has continued to be up. Rain is expected this morning, which will make this afternoon all the more miserable; when the sun emerges after the rain, it will steam off what has fallen, and while a sauna may be good every now and again, it is good in part because it can be escaped. When it is everywhere, it is less pleasant--even though we can still use the rain, at least in this part of the world. Each time it falls could be the last we will see at Sherwood Cottage for some months.

When I looked at my readership figures this morning, I noticed that relatively few looked at the blog yesterday. (This discounts the odd occasional spike that happened on the 23rd.) I have to wonder if a weak iteration of Poe's Law is at work with it; it should be obvious from the context of my other writing in this webspace and the labels appended to the post that I am not offering a sincere testimony in the piece I posted yesterday. It joins one or two other bits of verse in that line, and I have to think that I tend to be more formal in my verse construction when I am making an attempt at satire or criticism in the verse than when I am not. (The exception is elegiac verse, in which I tend to emulate Anglo-Saxon alliterative lines. I mean it when I say "I kick it old school," after all.) Whether that is because I am accustomed to such constructions in such circumstances as a result of my studies of language and literature or because I am steeped more subliminally in a culture that does such things, I am not certain--although the former is more likely than the latter. There are some things that formal education allows that informal is far less likely to facilitate, after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment