Monday, May 23, 2016

20160523.0827

Over the past few days, I have been trying to rest up after recent events. The trip to Kalamazoo was fun, but it took more out of me than I had anticipated it doing. Being sick immediately after returning from Kalamazoo did not help matters. Having to crank out a freelance order and pack against the upcoming move--we leave Sherwood Cottage forever on Friday--have only added to my situation. While I am making sure that what needs to get done gets done--meaning that I am offering some small help in getting things done to my most excellent wife, who is much better at this kind of thing than I am--I am also taking advantage of the fact that I have few scheduled demands from now until the relocation is done (and nothing comes to mind about afterwards; I have not heard anything about jobs). I do not think I am as well rested as I need to be, but I am better than I have been in a while, and I appreciate it greatly.

Doing so has thrown off my writing schedule, to be sure. I am erratic and irregular in making posts to this webspace and to the others with which I am involved, as well as with writing in the pages of my journal--and much more so than is usual for me. Too, I have ideas that I want to sit and write, but I am not able to attend to them, in part because I do have to help with packing and keeping an eye on Ms. 8 as the packing goes on, and in part because the packing has disrupted and disordered the space in which I would do the writing. That is, my home-space is all out of whack, which makes it hard for me to write. I have been concerned with writing and working spaces before, as a CCC piece and an old teaching blog piece both attest, and I wonder now if I there is something else for me to say about places of writing as a result of having mine disordered and disrupted once again, particularly since I have been complicit in occasioning the disorder and disruption.

If there is, though, I will have to wait to write it. For now, there are errands to run and other work to do; even though we are leaving at the end of the week, we have to make it to the end of the week, and that means we still have to have food at Sherwood Cottage. We still have to keep the lights on and the water flowing, for a few more days, at least. I have a little that I can do, yet, to help with such things. I probably ought to get to doing so, rather than spending the day writing, as I might perhaps otherwise prefer to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment