Monday, January 7, 2019

20190107.0620

I know that I missed my usual posting time in this webspace. I had intended to take some time during the weekend now ended to write and build up my buffer; that clearly did not happen. But since I got to spend Saturday tooling around the Alamo City with my wife and Ms. 8, having a great deal of fun with them at a trampoline park and a mall, and I got to spend yesterday in the company of family at my parents' house, I think I had good reason to do otherwise than I might have intended. I tend to enjoy my family's company, after all, and while I also enjoy writing, it can be delayed or deferred to times when fewer are awake. Time with my little girl cannot. Hence my not having an entry made ahead of time today.
I'll try, of course, to build up some more material. It does me good to do so, easing my mind and helping me maintain some kind of regular schedule. And that schedule has shifted slightly as of today; a new teaching session has started, so I will be doing some adjusting to it. Mondays will be my long days for the next several weeks, and that after two weeks away from teaching and a previous few weeks of having Wednesdays be the days I was longest away. So my office time is shifting from Monday to Thursday, and I'll be able to take Ms. 8 to both of her weekly dance classes, instead of just the one. (She has also had a couple of weeks off, so it will be interesting to see how she slips back into tap and tumbling.)
I look forward to being more engaged with Ms. 8, of course. I look forward more, perhaps, to matters settling down a bit again. Regular time has resumed, but that after several weeks of disruption; it will take a bit of adjusting to get back to where I expect to be. It is clearly needed, as the delay in this very post bears out. But it will get done, and I will have more to say on a more regular schedule moving forward. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment